Snoop in A Writer’s Goody Drawer
Writers and bloggers are a nosy group of people. We like to look around everyone else’s offices, homes, and even closets just to get an idea of how people tick. To pay back all of the people I have snooped around on, knowingly or not, I decided to give everyone a peek into my goody drawer that I have at work.
Southern California Writer Goody Drawer
This is not where I keep paper clips, pens or note pads related for work. Those are all found in the top drawer, this one is all for me. This is my goody drawer. When I am not trying to meet deadlines, or on the phone with my variety of clients, I am probably rummaging through here to find a little bit of happy.
Want to see what’s in my good drawer? Click to find out!
Must haves for the goody drawer –
- Gum (coffee breath is a no-no)
- Protein bars for lunch (yes, lunch is a protein bar at my desk)
- Caffeinated soda water (ooh bubbles)
- Cold medicine (work is a petri dish for the plague)
- Hand sanitizer (see above)
- DVDs of movies or TV shows I have watched a million times. (I like background noise that I don’t need to concentrate on.)
- RESCUE stress pastilles (These are deliciously light in currant flavor and help me to de-stress a little throughout the day)
- Mexico Bazaar magazine with Dita Von Teese on the cover. (She’s just lovely and reminds me to be a little more graceful)
My job is stressful, or maybe I should say it is high energy and focused. I really enjoy working with my variety of clients, and trust me they are of all backgrounds and styles. Sometimes, though every deadline is on the same day and I just need to take my stress level down a notch. That’s when I open my cute yellow tin of RESCUE Pastilles and let the currant gummies take me away, if even for a moment. RESCUE products are natural/homeopathic and are non-habit-forming. A few less things for me to worry about.
RESCUE stress relief
RESCUE stress relief products are available now in the US at CVS, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Sprouts and wherever you find natural products! You can get a coupon for the yellow tin of RESCUE pastilles like I have at desk, RESCUE Sleep Liquid Melts, or RESCUE Pearls. Download a coupon here—> http://clvr.li/1GcF5jS .
What do you keep nearby to keep you moving through the day? Send me a picture of your goody drawer at work! You can tag us on twitter or Instagram with @busybeeblogger !
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
*Blog for Southern California Lifestyle. Fun, Food, Fashion and Drinks.* Are you receiving the Busy Bee Blogger newsletter? Sign up for all of the updates on news, recipes, and fun!*