Memorial Day Barbecue Recipes! Stuffed Burgers And More
This long Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start to Summer barbecue season! The best thing about a long weekend is the food. And I have you covered there, too!
Burgers, chicken and a smothered and covered side dish. Your friends will wonder where you come up with these ideas. This Southern California pinup won’t tell them.
Gorgonzola & Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Burger
· 3 lbs ground beef
· 1 cup minced sun-dried tomato
· 4 oz crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
· 1/2 cup minced chives
· 2 T steak sauce
· 1/3 t. hot sauce
· 2 t Worcestershire sauce
· 1 t black pepper
· 1.5 t salt
· 2 heaping teaspoons of Colman’s dry mustard
· 12 hamburger buns
In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, sun-dried tomatoes, Gorgonzola, chives, steak sauce, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, and mustard. Cover and refrigerate for two hours. Separate into 12 equal patties. Grill to perfection.
For more Memorial Day Weekend recipes click below!
Cajun Chicken Burgers
These aren’t your typical chicken burgers. These are filled with flavor and a nice KICK. You can also make these with ground turkey. YUM!
- 1 pound freshly ground chicken or turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco® brand Original Red Sauce
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Form into four 4-inch patties. Broil or grill 4 to 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
Poutine is traditionally a CANADIAN dish, but this version is most definitely smothered and covered in U.S.A.
· 1 pack KRAFT Frozen Macaroni & Cheese Dinner, heated
· ½ cup BULL’S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce
· 1 qt. frozen french fried potatoes, fried
· ½ cup beef gravy, warmed
· ¾ cup cheese curds
· ½ each boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled, diced
· 1 oz. double-smoked bacon, cooked, chopped
Combine 1 pack macaroni and cheese and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Place 1 qt. fries on large plate; top with 1/2 cup gravy, 3/4 cup cheese curds, macaroni mixture, 2 oz. chicken and 1 oz. bacon. Variation Spread fries into single layer onto bottom of parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake in 425ºF standard oven 25 min. or until golden brown, stirring after 15 min.