Booze + Brownies = Fonseca BIN 27 Broundies
I know I have already done my cocktail for Cocktail Thursday, but I have a bonus post for my readers.
With Thanksgiving and the Holidays just around the corner, Dorie Greenspan is sharing her recipe for Fonseca BIN 27 Broundies (boozy, round brownies!) to inspire bakers and cooks to enter the 2nd annual Fonseca BIN 27 Cookie Rumble (closes this Friday; great prizes from KitchenAid!) or simply to enjoy.
Details on the contest are at https://www.facebook.com/FonsecaBIN27 and the recipe is below.
For the filling:
2 tablespoons Fonseca BIN 27 Port
2 tablespoons water
1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
For the Broundie base:
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
10 ounces semi- or bittersweet chocolate (divided), finely chopped
¾ cup sugar
2 large eggs, cold
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
Directions: Yields about 24 Fonseca BIN 27 Broundies
1. Position the racks to divide the oven into thirds and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 2 muffin tins, dust the interiors with flour and tap out the excess, or use a baking spray.
2. Bring the Fonseca BIN 27 Port and water to a boil, reduce the heat to low, add the cherries and stir until the liquid evaporates. Turn the fruit into a bowl; cool.
3. Put the butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; top with 6 ounces of the chopped chocolate. Heat, stirring, until melted – you’ll have a thick, shiny mixture.
4. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and beat in the sugar (the mixture will turn grainy – don’t worry). One by one, beat in the cold eggs followed by the salt and pepper. Give the mix a few strong stirs, then gently stir in the flour. Add the cherries (and any liquid in the bowl) and the remaining chopped chocolate. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins.
5. Bake the Fonseca BIN 27 Broundies for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are uniformly dull; a toothpick inserted into the centers will come out clean. Cool the Broundies to room temperature in the tins and then unmold them.
Well wrapped, the Fonseca BIN 27 Broundies will keep for 4 days at room temperature and for 2 months in the freezer.
* My Southern California Lifestyle with Entertainment, Celebrity Gossip and Pinup Girls * Subscribe to BusyBeeBlogger.com’s FEED, and follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ , Pinterest and Instagram!