4 Days To The Perfect Summer Party
4th of July Party Tips
There is something about summer, that makes us want to get together. While the impromptu gatherings are fun, there are some events that can use a little extra planning. The 4th of July parties, engagement parties, birthdays all need a few extra steps to make things just right. Follow these tips from Emmy-winning host Sandra Lee, and things should go swimmingly just in time with these 4th of July party tips.
Plan For The Perfect Summer Party
- FOUR DAYS OUT: The music is everything yet often forgotten about until the last minute! Take today to plan your soundtrack. One of Sandra’s all-time favorites is “Here Comes The Sun!” With so many easy ways to blast your playlist now (Spotify, Pandora, etc.) so all you need to do is find the genre that is best suited for your guest list!
- THREE DAYS OUT: After a long winter, it is time to get that grill back in action! You will be doing a lot of barbecue on that grill so it’s best to be prepared now. Clean it off and make sure you have enough gas or charcoal to fuel your fun. Once that’s done, start planning your menu. So, get your grocery list prepared for meals and drinks then head to the market!
- TWO DAYS OUT: Your forecast should now be pretty accurate. If you are expecting sun and high temps, try Mini Margarita Shoot Pops for your dessert option! They are simple to make, but definitely stand out. Store the pops in the freezer until Memorial Day when you unmold and dip in a mix of sugar, lime zest and sea salt!
- ONE DAY OUT: Get ready to serve! Sandra Lee’s Cocktail Time™ Margaritas, offered in Key Lime and Strawberry variants, come ready-to-serve (yes, please!) but also provides a number of easy recipes right on the label. For more holiday inspiration, check out CocktailTime.com. We’ll be serving our favorites for the holiday – the Strawberry Lemonade and Strawberry Cyclones!
There you have it. As the 4th of July, or any other big summer party arrives, you have a party in place and you get to relax and enjoy it!
To get you started, here is the recipe for Sandra Lee’s Margarita Shot Pop! These are only for the grown ups, so be sure to have another selection for the kids.
Margarita Shot Pop Recipe
Mix and match margaritas, juice, vodkas, and sodas.
- 2 cups Sandra Lee Cocktail Time™ Key Lime Margarita
- 1 cup mango juice (or use 2 cups Strawberry Margarita and 1 cup guava juice)
- chilled flavored vodka (1.5 ounces per glass)
- Lemon-lime soda (1/2 cup per glass)
- Wine glasses for serving
Mix 2 cups Sandra Lee Cocktail Time™ Key Lime Margarita with 1 cup mango juice (or use 2 cups Strawberry Margarita and 1 cup guava juice) and pour into ice pop molds; freeze overnight. In a large wine glass, pour 1.5 ounces chilled flavored vodka (try Smirnoff Sorbet®Light Raspberry Pomegranate or Smirnoff Sorbet® Light Pineapple Coconut). Place ice pop in glass and pour ½ cup lemon-lime soda over top. Serve immediately.