Go Red For Women: 1 in 3 Faces Heart Disease #GoRed
On February 7th, BusyBeeBlogger.com plans to “Go Red” to help raise awareness of women’s heart disease. One in three women will die from this condition. Since it started, the Go Red campaign has been able to reduce heart disease in women by 34% and there’s been a 23% increase in awareness that heart disease is the #1 killer of women in the last 10 years.
On a personal note, I have family with heart conditions and high blood pressure is hereditary, this issue is especially close for this little SoCal pinup. I am joining Go Red to help keep the numbers from growing.
On February 7th, America is going RED for National Go Red Day, and I’d love for you to participate by encouraging everyone you know to wear red and post the photos on their social media using the hashtag #GoRed.
I know you have women in your life that you love, and together we can help raise awareness about this terrible disease to save their lives and other women’s lives everywhere.
What can YOU do to help reduce heart disease in yourself? Here are some easy tips.
– There are 1440 minutes in a day. Take just 30 of those and get some exercise & your risk of getting heart disease will decrease 30-40%.
– Heading out for a workout? Your body needs energy. Grab a banana or a low-fat yogurt. Your heart will thank you!
– Blueberries are so good for the heart. Send some to school with your little loved one today!
– Just 30 minutes of exercise a day can decrease your risk of heart disease by 30-40%. Try these quick at-home routines, your heart and your family will thank you!
– Making sandwiches for lunches? Cold cuts have very high sodium content, which increases the risk of heart disease.
– Salmon and albacore tuna can help lower cholesterol, which lowers your risk of getting heart disease. Who’s up for sushi tonight?
– When smokers quit smoking, their chance of getting heart disease is cut in half in just one year.
Let’s start to make heart disease history. Learn more about how you can decrese your chances of heart disease at www.goredforwomen.org
* My Southern California Lifestyle with Entertainment, Celebrity Gossip and Pinup Girls * Subscribe to BusyBeeBlogger.com’s FEED, and follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ , Pinterest and Instagram!