You see this? THIS is my every day bag. I carry EVERYTHING in here all of the time and it has earned me the nick name of Mary Poppins. Chances are if you need something, laptop, snacks, a comb, gum, snacks, water, hair tie, snacks, it will be in my giant bag. Did I mention snacks?
I am ALWAYS running around, so if nothing else, I carry my ID my keys, and my snacks. Now, I’m not mother, I have no kids of my own, but I understand why 73% of moms have eaten their child’s snack in a pinch.* SNACKS ARE EASY!! So if you’re going to fall prey to this, like I do every day, here are a few tips to make your mornings a little easier. At least where preparing lunch, and HEALTHY snack choices for the day are concerned. Whether you have kids or not
- Leverage last night’s leftovers. Add instant rice to leftover chicken or transform leftover steak into a hearty chili
- Share a smile. Cut sandwiches into different shapes with cookie cutters, or write a note on a napkin
- Camouflage healthy snacks. Dole Real Fruit Bites are made from real dried fruit, coated with yogurt and sprinkled with toasted whole grain oats – these may be for kids, but I like them, too.
- Keep it cool. Think outside thermos, and try freezing a yogurt cup or a juice box
- Snack attack. Grab snacks for your desk drawer/purse so you can have a quick bite.
Try Dole Real Fruit Bites, which combine three healthy favorites – fruit, yogurt and whole grain oats – into one delicious taste. Offered in three yummy 90-calorie flavors – apple, pineapple and mango, you (and if you have them, your little one) will be sure to find a favorite flavor. You never know when you, or your friends, may have a snack attack.
You need to keep up your energy to carry that huge purse around.